Monday 16 January 2012

OK......so I am now addicted!

Hey There,

I have been collecting Copic Markers for the last 6months.  I have quite a few markers now, and I have been wanting to give it a try.

Whilst being on the Helmar Design Team, I am working along side the lovely Carisa Zglobicki.  Her cards are always amazing!!  I asked her where I could get my hands on some boy stamps.  She directed me to Saturated Canary Digis. OMG!!  I love them.  I can buy them and put them onto my computer and use them whenever I like.  They also have a blog for their card challenges.  So I had a look and thought, why not?  I am going to give it a go.  The main factor in this months challenge was simplicity.

Here is my very first card, using Copic Markers for the first time.


OMG!!  I loved the end product, I just wanted to keep coloring in.  So therapeutic.  I stuck the ribbon down with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and it worked so well as it dries so quickly.

I was happy with my skateboarder.  I am sure that it is not the perfect way to use a copic, but I am so happy with it.  I made him pop off the page a little by using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots which is something else I am addicted to.

Big thanks to Carisa for the inspiration!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Renee xo

6 comments:

  1. Fab colouring I love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenges! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, Brilliant!! I love your card, Renee!!!! And thanks so much for the sweet shout out. I'm blushing I tell ya! :D You totally nailed the coloring - I can't wait to see how you just kill it as you continue to color and hone in on your personal style & technique. That's all I've gotta say - practice, practice, practice. and YOu are SO right. it IS therapeutic. I know I can sit down to color an image starting out super stressed and totally be calm by the end. LOVE that!!! thanks for joining us at saturated canary challenges this week. :D I hope to see even MORE of you around with your coloring! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how much this means to be Carisa!! Thank you for the support. xo

      Delete
  3. oh wowo renee!!!! I love seeing the SC boys in action and this is just awesome!!
    thankyou for playing along over on saturated canary!
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, skikkelig tøft guttekort og kjempefint fargelagt motiv :))
    Takk også for florr kommentar i bloggen min :))

    ReplyDelete